Thursday, August 18, 2011

Preeclampsia

Yesterday I was admitted to Labor & Delivery to have some tests done. The reason I was there is because I showed signs of Preeclampsia.

Preeclampsia is when women who are pregnant gradually develop high blood pressure and have a high volume of protein in urine. I also had symptoms of serve headache and dizziness.  

No tests that can predict who will get Preeclampsia and there is no way to prevent it. 

Preeclampsia can reduce blood flow to the placenta and slow the growth of the baby.  

The only cure for Preeclampsia is delivery of the baby and placenta. 

Although bed rest and taking high blood pressure medication can lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke and seizures. 

Now I will be closely monitored here on out through the pregnancy. 

We were so happy I didn't deliver yesterday because I'm not that far along, and there are so many risks when delivering early.

Also, I am praying that everything will be fine for the babies and me.


 Faith Smiling
 Look at all that hair!!!
Hope Sleeping


ONE HEART TWO SOULS