Thursday, September 1, 2011

Day 3 Admitted

This morning I was woken up by a team of doctors and medical students. I met with my soon to be doctor who will be doing the caesarean section. His name is Dr. Ismail, he said he has delivered over 10,000 babies himself. This will be his third delivery for conjoined twins. He has hope for me and the babies and he is trying his hardest to make the smallest incision possible. He knows that I am very young and want more children in the future. It's so nice to know that I will be in very good hands, and I trust in him a lot.

I also met with a gal who is a recreational therapist. She was so amazed that I brought so many things to do here in the hospital on my stay. She said she would teach me to knit, so I'm going to try to make something for my girls. Maybe I can learn something to help me make their clothing in the future.

The nurses during my hospital stay are wonderful. Couldn't say a bad thing about any of them. It takes a special kind of a person to become a nurse, especially a labor and delivery nurse. Through tears and laughter my room is always full of emotion. My nurses keep assuring me I'm doing the best I can and I'm going to be a great mom. They're right there to guide you through everything and anything. Everyone is real compassionate to me and I just want to say thanks to all the nurses who are taking care of me during my stay.

I know God is helping me through this but so is all the positive people. Friends and family, even people I don't even know are helping me so much. Some even write me to tell me how courageous I am. Some people say they are praying for us. All the support is helping me get through the last stretch before they are born. It's nice to know that people do care a lot about you and your children. Thank you again everyone for letting my story and my children get into your lives, I love knowing that these people are here for me and I'm glad I'm friends with everyone of them. :)